adopt your own virtual pet!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Wow have i been busy!!

Boy just thought I would sit and write something.

I was at a friends house today for dinner, and we started talking about the male/female role issue, as it pertains to the body of Christ.

Of course the whole thing about women being submissive and obeying their husbands in all things came up. I pointed out that husbands are commanded to love their wives even as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her.
Then Whamo !!! out pops this scripture

Ephesians 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

I said that is it!! To love one as ourselves is to place them on an equal level with us.
If I condecende to my wife then I am placing her beneath me, and i could not truely love her as myself.
But if I look at my wife as my equal and even more my completer then I must love her on an equal level or even more so a greater level than myself.
Because in reality I am not complete without her and I cannot truly love myself completely without factoring in my wife as a great part of who I am.

We must look at our spouses as designed and purposed to be one with us.
God has planned every aspect of our lives for his purpose including our spouses.
To deny this fact is to deny God is in control, and that my friends is dangerous ground.

I realize some still believe in free will, but I am convinced that we have the volition to make choices but we always make choices according to outside influence. Who controls the outside influences that determine our choices?

Did I have a choice to marry my wife Cindy?
Looking back I can honestly say yes, but because of the outside influences in my life that made me" ready for marriage" at that time, along with the fact that she is an incredible,facinating and beautiful woman, I made the right choice and God knew I would.

So the beauty of this whole post is this
Cindy loves me and desires to serve and bless me and I love her and endeavor to bless her and serve her needs.

And for 17 yrs we have been pretty successful, boy does God know what he is doing or what?

until next time
Jimbo

1 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

Cool post bro. But learn from my mistake and remember to watch out for Babylon. I posted a praise report about how blessed I was with my husband and a week later we were in crapville. Keep watch, but still live in the joy. Love yous, Alisa

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home